Valuable Tips for Finding the Best Dentist
If you’ve just moved to the area and you’re looking for a new dental health provider, the American Dental Association (ADA) suggests the following tips for finding the best dentist in Pembroke Pines.
- Ask your current dentist for a referral.
- Ask your family members, neighbors, and coworkers about their experiences with local dentists.
- Ask other healthcare professionals such as your doctor or pharmacist.
- Call local dental societies.
- Do an online search for area providers. The ADA and the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) websites offer a wealth of information.
11 Questions to Ask When Searching for Prospective Dentists
When choosing a new dentist, answers to a few basic questions can help narrow the selection.
- What types of treatments and services does the clinic offer?
- How long has the practice been in business?
- Will the clinic’s hours work with your schedule?
- Are treatment costs comparable to other area practices?
- Does the clinic accept your dental plan?
- Are payment plans available?
- Do the dentist and staff members wear protective eye coverings and gloves in treatment areas?
- What types of pain relief, sedation, and anesthesia options are available?
- Is preventative care a priority?
- Does the dentist explain tests and procedures in a way you understand?
- Is the staff friendly and attentive?
Affordable Dental Options and Special Care Dentistry
If anyone in your family has special needs, be sure to find out if your prospective dentist has the training and experience to meet them. If you have mobility problems, look for a practice that makes ramps and handrails available. More information about special needs dentistry is available from the Special Care Dentistry Association. To find low-cost or charitable dental care, visit the ADA website for information about state associations, or contact state health agencies and area dental school clinics.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Pembroke Pines, call Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines today at (954) 417-6146 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Pembroke Pines. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines.