Tips for Finding a Local Dentist
Finding an affordable dentist near you that will ideally care for your family’s oral health care needs is no easy task. You can search through phone listings or peruse the Internet, but names on a page or screen will tell you very little about how well that dentist and his team will care for your and your family’s oral health. Whether you are seeking a new dentist in your new hometown or you need to find a specialty dentist to care for specific issues with your teeth, this list can help you choose the right dentist. Asking the right questions of the right people will get you to the right dentist for your dental care needs.
The reasons for seeking a new dentist are different for everyone. New families may need to find a pediatric dentist or a family-friendly dentist who is experienced with children. Someone in a new city may just need to find an affordable dentist. Some may have overcome dental fears and are ready to get their oral health in order. Others may be suffering from conditions that have deteriorated their oral health and require a specialist. Or, you may want a special procedure that calls for cosmetic dentistry experts. Whatever you need, there is the right dentist for you nearby.
It is helpful to perform an online search for “local dentists” or “find a dentist near me.” Read the reviews and save data on your top choices, then ask trusted friends, neighbors, or your doctor for recommendations. When you find preferred dentists, set up an appointment on the phone or in-person to get the answers to the following:
- Inquire about the dentist’s education and training. Where did he or she attend school? If a specialist, where did he or she complete residency and additional training for his or her expertise? Does he or she pursue continuing education to stay up to date?
- Ask how long the dentist has been in practice and/or the practice has been in operation.
- Ask what procedures the dentist performs.
- Ask about anesthesia: which form the dentist is certified to administer and what procedures it is used for.
- Find out the hours of operation. Does the office have emergency dental care hours/appointments?
- Does the dentist treat only adults?
- What are the fees? Are there payment plans? Does the dentist accept insurance?
- Do you like the office environment? Is everything clean, neat, and organized?
- Are the dentist and staff friendly and caring? Does the staff use gloves and wash their hands?
- If the dentist meets some, but not all of your needs in regards to services, find out what the referral process is in the event you need specialized dental treatment.
It is important to find somewhere you are comfortable and where you like the staff and the dentist. Your oral care is a partnership between you and your dental care team. Take your time, do your research, ask questions, and don’t be afraid to continue your search until you find the right fit. This is about your health.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Pembroke Pines, call Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines today at (954) 417-6146 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Pembroke Pines. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines.