Dental Care Tips for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
There is no denying the fact that the care of baby teeth is something no parent should ever overlook. Baby teeth play an important role in a developing child’s ability to chew, speak, and they also pave the way for the ultimate emergence of permanent teeth. Therefore, baby teeth call for a dental care plan all their own. Being that February is National Children’s Dental Health Month, and dentists everywhere are participating in Give Kids A Smile program events, there has never been a better time for parents to learn all they can about the proper care of baby teeth.
One of the best ways to prevent your child from developing tooth decay is to eliminate the bacteria known to cause it. Follow stringent dental care practices, and you can drastically reduce the bacteria present in the mouth, cutting the risk of tooth decay significantly. Fortunately, this is not a difficult goal, if you follow these simple dental care steps:
- Avoid giving young children sweetened beverages, sugary snacks, or a large number of snacks throughout the day.
- Never dip pacifiers in honey as a way to calm your baby.
- Do not allow an infant to fall asleep with a bottle.
- Do not share utensils or cups with your children to avoid spreading the bacteria in your own mouth to theirs.
- Help small children brush their teeth properly to ensure good oral health over the long term.
- Supervise your children’s brushing sessions.
- Make sure they have the right type of toothpaste.
- Flossing is important for older children, to eliminate food particles that can easily lead to the tooth decay.
During this month’s National Children’s Dental Health Month and Give Kids A Smile events, family dentistry professionals will be demonstrating their commitment to improving the oral health of youngsters everywhere. Teach your children the importance of sound dental care, and they will surely thank you later.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Pembroke Pines, call Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines today at (954) 417-6146 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Pembroke Pines. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Pembroke Pines.