Helping Busy Moms Find Time for Proper Dental Care
What should we have for dinner tonight? How many calories are in a cup of yogurt? When does the kids’ soccer season begin? As a mom, you have a lot of things on your mind and often all at once. It can be easy for small tasks to get lost in the shuffle. However, some of those tasks are so important—like routine dental care—that you can’t afford to let them slip. Your dental care is closely linked to your total health, meaning that when you skip your evening tooth brushing or flossing, or those routine trips to an affordable dentist in Pembroke Pines, you are raising your risk of disease. You deserve to care for yourself optimally, every day. Use these tips to ensure that you can fit in proper dental care, along with everything else.
8 dental care tips just for moms:
1. You don’t let your kids skip their dental visits, so why should you? Maintain routine visits to an affordable dentist once every six months. The better you adhere to your routine dental care visits, the quicker and easier each visit will be, so you can get on with your busy schedule.
2. You know that you need to brush twice a day, but did you know that two minutes of thorough brushing is essential to removing all the bacteria and plaque from your teeth?
3. Brush in a soft, circular motion and don’t brush too hard. Divide your mouth into quadrants and spend time carefully brushing every area of each quadrant.
4. Floss every day. The time of day doesn’t matter, just as long as you do it. Flossing reaches between the teeth and into crevices where a toothbrush can’t reach, removing harmful bacteria and debris.
5. People who exercise have better oral health than those who don’t, especially when it comes to gum disease, according to a recent study in the Journal of Periodontology. Make time for exercise to protect your total health from head to toe.
6. Fruits and vegetables aren’t only good for your total health, but they are good for your oral health, too. Sugars and starches promote tooth decay, while fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants that fight bacteria, cavities, and gum disease.
7. Relax. If you feel overworked, underappreciated, and stressed to the max, you may subconsciously grind your teeth or clench your jaw, which can cause damage to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and trigger canker sores and cold sores. Yoga, meditation, or even stealing fifteen minutes for a quiet, hot bubble bath can help you reduce stress and protect your oral health.
8. Be an example to your kids. Show them that no matter what happens in life, proper dental care is always a top priority.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Pembroke Pines, call Mautner Dentistry today at (954) 417-6146 or make an appointment.
Mautner Dentistry offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Pembroke Pines. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Mautner Dentistry, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Mautner Dentistry.